Thursday, January 7, 2010

1st blog posting

Hey my name is Kara Robison Martin. I am a biology education major, and I will graduate in April of 2011 (which is coming a lot faster than I thought it would!)
The assignment said to write about my experience setting up this blog, so here it goes. This is my second time creating a blog. My first time was for my humanities 101 class this last summer term. I hope that I enjoy this blogging experience more than that one! haha for my humanities class we had to do three huge blogs each week and even though my professor claimed they weren't a big deal and she wouldn't grade them hard, she did so I had to spend 30 minutes on each blog... that kind of turned me off to blogging since, but I'm sure that this will be better!
But setting up a blog for the second time wasn't too bad, I did it all in like 2 minutes!

I have a friend in my same program who has already taken this class and she has told me about some of the stuff we will be learning about. It makes me excited to learn it myself. She actually introduced our whole animal anatomy class to google documents and they really helped our whole class to study for exams. So I just hope to learn about neat stuff like that that will help me not only in school but in my future classroom and in life in general! The world today is in a technology age so I want to learn as much as I can so I can stay up with the world and the students I'll be teaching!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kara, It's Jordan. Blogs are great. I'm commenting on yours. So... "The world today is a technology age" I was just wondering, is this an investigable statement? Haha, just kidding. Seriously, I do agree with what you have said: it's important for us as teachers to be aware of how we can use technology to improve our teaching and better reach our techno-aged students.

    ReplyDelete